What sort of a writer am I?

Hey guys;

I have been dipping my toes in various discussion groups and writers' workshops recently.

Some are brilliant and supportive, whereas some are a little 'elite' and brimming with what I call 'book snobs'.

The fact that I identify 'book snobs' is a clue to where I come from.

I am a guy who likes to pick up a book, whether it's just in time for a two week relax in the sun,( in which case I will be looking for 3 or 4) or a long lazy weekend (1 or 2).

What sort of books do I like to read? 

They have to be fun. They have to be a good story. They have to entertain me. I like sewn in wit and astute perspectives of real life.

James McGee; Ben Elton; Sebastian Faulkes; Ian Banks...all names I admire and who write books I like to read.

What sort of books do I write?

I hope they are books that I would pick up to read and based on my own criteria. For Fiction particularly.

For reference? 

Well researched and presented in a manner where they really help the reader!

I hope that I can deliver what I purport to offer.

I was over the moon last night when I realised that in just five weeks, over 1,000 of my books have been purchased and are being read (or have been relegated to posh coasters - if they were not well received!).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Some images of The old Borough of Leicester circa the time of 'The Borough Boys'...

The first of my author interviews - Megan Denby - 'A thistle in the mist'.

The second of my current Author interviews - Mr Chaunce Stanton - a day early, owing to family pressures!