Monday, 12 August 2013

Chapter one - Book #3 - the first 5,000 words are down!

Well guys; It's amazing what having the will to write does for you. A cold wind has been blowing, so it was nice to shut the conservatory windows and get on with it.

The result - the first 5,000 words of book #3, and still only part way through my proposed chapter one! And, it's changing already as I learn more about showing and NOT TELLING, with some added dialogue and less bland text!

Character ideas I had are also growing fast - Beddows is a really grumpy man today, and Shepherd is having an ear bashing already. Charters has got his back up and there is a definite sense of friction between my Borough Boys. What will happen next?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Those voices in my head...

The voices inside my head have finally started, once again. I have been struggling with how to adapt the work I have already under...